Business Operations Manager, Admissions
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are growing and are looking for a Director of Admissions to help us change more lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Business Operations Manager for our Admissions team at Fullstack Academy, you’ll lead the business and operations strategy for our Admissions function. You’ll design admissions processes for new programs and optimize our candidate funnel for our existing program processes. You’ll closely track admissions data, looking at conversion rates throughout the process and collaborating with our Marketing and Enrollment teams to design interventions, at scale. You’ll own and manage the admissions process technical infrastructure. You’ll lead a team of admissions professionals to ensure a smooth and effective enrollment process for our potential students.
This role is based in our New York City campus and reports to our VP of Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Own and drive the business operations and strategy of our Admissions function
- Build and optimize an admissions processes and candidate funnels that align uniquely with their corresponding Fullstack programs and the target candidates for those programs
- Evaluate and redefine (as needed) our admissions process for any and all Fullstack Academy programs
- Track and report on key admissions data, providing insights, creating a feedback loop, and collaborating with our Marketing and Enrollment Advising teams to ensure that high-quality candidates for Fullstack Academy programs choose to enroll and are successfully admitted to the program
- Partner with our Marketing team to successfully promote our unique programs with the goal of attracting prospective students and maintaining full enrollment of qualified students
- Support internal and external events related to Admissions, including but not limited to tours and open houses for prospective and admitted students
- Partner with our Academics team to assess and resolve complex admissions situations, including applying your best judgement in those that fall outside our defined policies
- Lead a nimble and effective admissions team to ensure a high-quality applicant experience
- Implement the latest techniques to build a cutting-edge admissions team
We think you will be a successful candidate if you have:
- 4+ years progressively responsible experience in admissions operations, business operations, business intelligence, or sales operations
- 2+ years of experience managing a small and effective team
- A strategic understanding of the concept of a candidate funnel and the ability to design an operational process that aligns with marketing, sales and product needs
- Experience implementing and/or optimizing a process using a CRM tool (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Experience in a consultative role to a sales and/or marketing function, using data to drive decision-making and improvement
- Highly developed organizational skills and a desire to proactively deploy them in a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as qualitative and critical thinking skills
- Creative, collaborative and flexible problem solving skills
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- A strategic understanding of tech education and the immersive bootcamp space
- Experience with the technology industry