Program Manager, Grace Hopper Program
The Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy is part of Fullstack Academy, the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for an inspiring, mission-driven leader to manage and further grow the Grace Hopper program, the premier coding bootcamp experience for women.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Program Manager for the Grace Hopper program, you will have complete ownership over the health of our flagship program for accelerating meaningful and enduring diversity and inclusion in tech. You will be the face of the program to the NYC tech scene, building our brand with potential students, tech education leaders, and potential student employers. You will work with our internal teams to ensure an exceptional student experience, from their first admissions touch to their first accepted job. You will work with our leadership team to launch new strategic programs under the Grace Hopper program brand.
This role is based in our New York City campus and reports directly to our CEO.
In this role, you will:
- Create a conducive environment for smart, ambitious women to become software developers
- Work with our Academic Operations and Student Experience teams to design the academic schedule and ensure that instructors, Fellows, and students adhere to it
- Own the attainment of excellent career outcomes for all graduates
- Measure and report key financial and business metrics to executive team on a monthly basis
- Understand the Grace Hopper Program and represent effectively represent it to prospective students and partners
- Work with the Fullstack admissions team to deliver a top-notch admissions, enrollment and onboarding process for our students
- Build strong relationships with leading employers (large and small) who hire our developers, by impressing them with the caliber of Grace Hopper graduates
- Collaborate with the marketing team to draw up and execute a marketing strategy that resonates with aspiring software developers from around the country/world, and that ensures each cohort is full
- Be the point of contact for students, staff, partners, and alumni
- Speak at events, network, and raise the prominence of the Grace Hopper Program
- Integrate the Grace Hopper Program into the NYC tech ecosystem as a valuable and relevant member
- Implement a feedback loop that improves all aspects of the Grace Hopper Program
- Collaborate with other Fullstack campuses to ensure the best ideas are being shared and adopted across the network
- Own the attainment of excellent reviews from all graduates
- Inspire a culture of fun, optimism, and excellence
We think you will be a successful candidate if you have:
- 4+ years experience in education and/or technology industries
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven success in cross-functional management, organization, and exceeding targets
- A robust network within the tech community, particularly with companies dedicated to moving the needle on diversity and inclusion
- A magnetic personality combined with a positive attitude, collaborative zest, and professionalism
- Passion for creating positive outcomes in people’s lives through education
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Direct experience in tech, working with software engineers (i.e. work as a developer, product manager, etc.)
- Marketing experience (particularly events marketing)
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.