Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. Our life-changing programs continue to grow and we're looking for an Admissions Associate to help guide prospective students through our admissions process.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Admissions Associate at Fullstack Academy, you will support engaged and motivated prospective students through their application to Fullstack. You will engage with prospective students, answering questions and helping them understand each step in the application process. You'll work with our Student Advising team to ensure that all inquiries about Fullstack are answered in a timely manner. You'll move each applicant through each stage of the admissions process and support the internal operations of our admissions process. You'll get to use a modern operations stack and work in a startup-like environment, building operational and customer service skillsets.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to our Director of Admissions.
In this role, you will:
- Represent Fullstack Academy effectively to applicants and prospective applicants
- Ensure that applicants move through the admissions process in a timely manner
- Understand our programs fully and map them to the goals of prospective applicants
- Communicate enthusiastically and promptly with applicants and prospective applicants via email, phone, and video
- Lead campus tours and information sessions
- Support the internal operations of our admissions process, ensuring that applicant statuses are accurate and up-to-date
- Own and continuously improve the end-to-end admissions process
- Be metrics-driven and hit admissions goals
You are a great candidate for this role if you have:
- 1-3 years of admissions, inside sales, customer service, or operations experience
- A warm, empathetic, and patient communication style
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience with presentations and Q&A sessions
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience coordinating projects involving multiple moving parts and members
- Experience using a variety of productivity and business intelligence tools, especially Google apps and Excel
- A passion for education and helping people
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you have:
- Worked at a start-up or in admissions at an educational institution (or both!)
- Used Hubspot, Zapier, and/or Wufoo forms
- Used software (e.g. scripts) to automate processes and increase efficiency
- An interest in learning to code
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.