People Operations Coordinator
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for a motivated and supportive People Operations Associate to support Fullstack’s overall growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the People Operations Associate at Fullstack Academy, you’ll support recruiting and people ops coordination across the company. You’ll screen resumes for interviews, coordinate interviews, ensure an exceptional candidate experience and onboard new employees. You’ll help resolve common employee issues, answer questions about policies and processes and keep our employee data and systems up-to-date. You’ll own the planning and coordination of company-wide events and come up with new ways to delight our people.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to our People Operations Lead.
In this role, you will:
- Screen resumes and coordinate interviews with candidates for Fullstack roles, including drafting and sending rejection emails and offer letters
- Research and source high-quality potential candidates for Fullstack roles via Linkedin, Angelist, etc.
- Provide support for common People Operations tasks - processing employee expenses, answer basic questions on benefits, policies and processes, including looping in our payroll and benefits providers as needed, etc.
- Administer our various people systems (HR, Recruiting, Employee Surveying, project management, etc.)
- Onboard new employees into Fullstack Academy and process new hire paperwork
- Plan and run company social events and support the People Operations Lead on the logistics for larger-scale, company-wide events
- Support event operations for on-campus events
- Identify ways to create “WOW” moments to delight employees and elevate our overall employee experience
- Take on other People Operations projects as needed
You are a great candidate for this role if you have:
- 1+ years experience in a people ops or recruiting role
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The ability to quickly learn how to use various systems and tools
- Experience planning and coordinating social and/or public events
- A sense of satisfaction in providing high-touch “customer service” - for candidates and employees
- Good judgement, particularly in sensitive, complex, and ambiguous situations
- A desire to learn and grow quickly in a fast-paced organization
- A passion for tech, education and helping others
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you have:
- Experience in a premium tech brand
- Direct recruiting experience
- Training in UX or a few projects you’ve lead around improving a (non-digital) experience - employees, peers, etc.
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.