Program Manager, NYC Campus
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Goldman Sachs. In January 2016, we launched the Grace Hopper Program, which is a need-blind software engineering program for women.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. As Program Manager, you will be the leader of our NYC Campus. You will oversee the Immersive Program, related part-time courses such as Bootcamp Prep and ensure its success in all aspects.
If you are not a Fullstack Academy graduate already or not a developer, you may be asked to take the Fullstack Academy Web Immersive Course before you start, to attain an intimate understanding of our course offering. If this excites you, you may be the right person for this job!
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the overall growth and success of the NYC campus, and own all aspects of its operations. This is an exceptional opportunity in general management at a fast-growing start-up.
- Create a conducive environment for smart, ambitious students to become software developers
- Work with Academic Program Coordinators to design the academic schedule and ensure that instructors, TAs, and students adhere to it
- Own the attainment of excellent career outcomes for all graduates
- Measure and report key financial and business metrics to executive team on a monthly basis
- Understand our programs and represent them effectively to prospective students and partners
- Work with the Fullstack admissions team to deliver a top-notch admissions, enrollment and onboarding process for our students
- Build strong relationships with leading employers (large and small) who hire our developers, by impressing them with the caliber of Fullstack graduates
- Collaborate with the marketing team to draw up and execute a marketing strategy that resonates with aspiring software developers from around the country/world, and that ensures each cohort is full
- Be the point of contact for students, staff, partners, and alumni
- Speak at events, network, and raise the prominence of Fullstack Academy
- Integrate Fullstack into the NYC tech ecosystem as a valuable and relevant member
- Implement a feedback loop that improves all aspects of the campus
- Collaborate with other Fullstack campuses to ensure the best ideas are being shared and adopted across the network
- Own the attainment of excellent reviews from all graduates
- Inspire a culture of fun, optimism, and excellence
- 4+ years experience in education and/or technology industries
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven success in cross-functional management, organization, and exceeding targets
- Integrated with the tech community
- A magnetic personality combined with a positive attitude, collaborative zest, and professionalism
- Passion for creating positive outcomes in people’s lives through education
- Coding experience
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.