Student Advisor (Customer Support - Part-Time/Remote/Contract)
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Goldman Sachs. In January 2016, we launched the Grace Hopper Program, which is a need-blind software engineering program for women. We also have a virtual campus through our Remote Immersive program.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. To help ensure that every person who reaches out to Fullstack Academy has a quality interaction with our team, we're looking to add a Student Advisor to deliver a great experience for folks interested in Fullstack.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Student Advisor at Fullstack Academy, you'll be a front-line responder for email (and other) inquiries directed to Fullstack Academy. You’ll interact with a variety of inbound interest in our school, crafting personal messages, and helping people succeed in their journey of making a life-changing career transition. You'll show off your excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail, and desire to help people find answers to challenging questions.
This is a part-time, contract role supporting primarily our Marketing and Admissions teams. We're excited to find a candidate who is looking to work remotely and build a long-term relationship with a team and grow with our company.
In this role, you will:
- Handle all inbound information requests to Fullstack Academy, across a variety of communication channels
- Craft compelling responses to inquiring users in a timely, professional manner, sharing relevant program details
- Conduct 10-15 short Student Information calls to help students prepare to apply to Fullstack Academy
- Coordinate with the Admissions team at Fullstack Academy
- Help motivated students achieve career transitions into web development.
- Learn about the rapidly growing web development bootcamp industry
- Provide Fullstack Academy teams with essential information in real time
- Work remotely with a flexible schedule, ~20 hours per week
You are a strong candidate for this role if you have:
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree (bonus if in writing-related field)
- A supremely detail-oriented work style
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn more about the tech bootcamp space
- A high-degree of professionalism and etiquette
- A strong team-player mentality
- Flexibility and good judgment in a dynamic environment
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others.