Head of Marketing (Director/VP Level)
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. To help us share Fullstack’s success with the world and find the best bootcamp students, we’re looking for a Head of Marketing to strategically guide our growth efforts to transform the lives of our student and through them, their communities and economies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Head of Marketing at Fullstack, you’ll be the strategic leader who reinforces and grows our brand as the premier coding bootcamp. You’ll set out an overall growth strategy for Fullstack products, established, nascent and new. You will own the budget, metrics, strategy and the execution of all our marketing programs. You’ll lead, grow and develop a team of incredible marketing professionals dedicated to Fullstack’s success.
This role is based in our New York headquarters and reports directly to our COO.
In this role, you will:
- Set the mission, vision and strategy of marketing organization
- Work with rest of the executive team at Fullstack to develop & execute on overall company strategy
- Define Fullstack's messaging to key personas and influencers within target markets
- Own the branding and messaging across all our marketing collateral (website, case studies, ads, email drips, social media channels merchandise, etc.) and communications
- Toggle between talking Brand, data-driven performance marketing and product marketing. You know each discipline needs to coexist on the same team to drive a world-class marketing organization
- Raise national awareness and affinity for Fullstack and its programs
- Develop and execute a PR strategy that differentiates our brand vs the competition
- Scale the marketing team through process, systems, and professional development
- Define marketing KPIs, create dashboards and share progress with leadership team and the company
- Develop the the go-to-market strategy for new products, in partnership with the executive and product teams
- Collaborate closely with product management leadership to hone in on target market focus, explore additional markets, and establish foundation for long term vision
You are a strong candidate if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, including in a meaningful role as the marketing leader of growth stage organizations
- Experience managing and building multi-faceted marketing teams in a rapidly changing start up environment including the functions of content marketing, brand, PR, demand generation and product marketing functions.
- Significant experience in content, channel, and design. You have a strong grasp of performance marketing, web analytics, SEO, and video marketing. You are a master of modern-day marketing
- Demonstrated success in hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing results driven team. People want to work for you
- Fluency in the business of consumer edtech, education, tech, and/or consumer brands
- Distilled complex technology into an easily consumable message for different channels. You have experience marketing technical products/platforms to novice and advanced consumers
- A track record of creating, driving and executing a marketing strategy that resulted in substantial growth.
- A formula for continuously testing and refining your approach in support of demand generation and revenue growth. Measurable results is in your DNA
- A results-driven approach that values teamwork, calculated risks, timely execution, and quality delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in representing an organization
- An entrepreneurial “own the outcome” mindset with a disciplined approach to the establishment and prioritization of goals, focus objectives and and target results
- Passion for education and technology, and their combined ability to transform lives
You are an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Experience with the higher education industry
- Demonstrable interest/experience in coding
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.