Grace Hopper Program Lead
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for an empathetic, supportive lead to manage and elevate the on-campus experience for students in our women-focused immersive Web Development program.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Program Lead for the Grace Hopper Program at Fullstack Academy, you will own the on-campus experience of our Grace Hopper program. You will be the face of the program to the students on campus, working with them to make sure Fullstack achieves its reputation as the best bootcamp in the United States. You will ensure we consistently deliver on our program’s “WOW” moments and identify new ways to wow our students. You will serve as the connective tissue between students and the rest of the organization, collaborating across teams to ensure that student feedback is heard and the organization responds.
This role is based in our New York City campus and reports directly to the Grace Hopper Program Director.
In this role, you will:
- Be the internal face of the Grace Hopper Program to students on-campus
- Be a champion for and support each student through their on-campus experience at Fullstack Academy
- Execute defined cohort project plans to ensure a strong, consistent and positive student experience on campus
- Identify and elevate “WOW” moments to enhance the overall student experience
- Design, Test, and Implement social and cultural (i.e. non-academic) programming for the Grace Hopper program
- Resolve student issues (behavior issues, academic issues, campus issues, enforcing academic policies) - collaborating with other teams as needed
- Attend daily Academics stand-ups to identify and proactively resolve any non-Academic student experience issues
- Ensure that student feedback is appropriately routed to all Fullstack teams and coordinate responses with other teams as needed
- Hold weekly office hours for students to use for check-ins
- Track and continually improve student experience through satisfaction surveys and other tools
- Provide support for the organization of events on campus for a variety of internal and external audiences, such as meetups, panels, and guest speakers
- Collaborate with our Academic Operations team on designing and implementing policies, processes and updates to our established cohort project plans
- Support the Grace Hopper Program Director on projects and growth initiatives for the Fullstack Immersive program
You are a great candidate for this role if you have:
- 2+ years experience managing projects or programs in a high-touch customer/client-facing role
- High empathy and strong interpersonal skills
- An infectiously positive and inspiring personality
- The ability to handle sensitive situations and to maintain confidentiality
- Passion for education and people development
- Excellent communication skills
- Tech savvy
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you also have:
- Worked with students and/or in an academic or educational organization