Marketing Manager - Content and SEO
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We’re looking for a content strategist to help grow awareness of Fullstack as the top program in immersive computer science education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Marketing Manager at Fullstack focused on Content and SEO, you will own strategy and execution for our top-of-funnel marketing strategy. You will create and execute a strategy for attracting site traffic and building awareness for our company and product offerings. You be responsible for the creation of thoughtful and engaging content, working with a team of freelance and in-house talent to amplify your results. You’ll have an outsized impact on the strategic success of our overall company growth.
This role is based in out NYC headquarters and reports into our Head of Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Increase inbound traffic and brand awareness for the company and our products
- Conduct research on industry relevant topics, including SEO keyword research, to develop a robust awareness-boosting content strategy
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Collaborate with content contractors to create high-quality content around important, relevant topics
- Promote content created across a variety of channels, to drive KPIs like website traffic, lead generation, content views, social media engagement, and brand recognition
- Manage both on-site and off-site SEO for the company, across all portfolio products and assets
You are a great candidate for this role if you have:
- 4-6 years of relevant, professional marketing experience
- A proven track record of increasing inbound traffic through a variety of content marketing channels (SEO, Blogging, Social, Branding, etc)
- An in-depth understanding of SEO, including keyword research and search ranking factors
- Past experience producing content for the web, as well as channel-specific knowledge (Blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Prior marketing experience in the education or career development industries
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to think creatively, with the ability to use data to guide all of your decisions
- A dual-minded approach: you’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
You are an exceptional candidate if you also have:
- Background or knowledge of web development / programming
- An interest in learning code
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines.
Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate!