Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Goldman Sachs. Recently, we launched the Grace Hopper Program, which is a need-blind software engineering program for women.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We're looking for a Senior Accountant to keep our business humming and develop accounting processes fit for our future.
As the Senior Accountant at Fullstack Academy, you will own the day-to-day accounting operations of our company. You will be the point person for following up with our students on tuition payments and answering their questions regarding payment. You will design the policies and workflows that ensure we are managing our financial operations the best way possible. You will support our executive team in the preparation of external audits, ad hoc reports, etc.
This is a new role and our first accounting hire. You will work out of our NYC office and report into our CEO.
In this role, you will:
- Own our day-to-day accounting responsibilities: preparing journal entries, bank and credit card reconciliations, managing Accounts Payable (AP)
- Manage our Accounts Receivable (AR) - including tracking and collecting tuition from students and serving as the key point of contact for any student questions regarding payment methods, policies and processes
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements that fully comply with US GAAP
- Develop and implement the processes and workflows necessary for budgeting, financial forecasting and period close activities
- Own and drive the preparation of annual budgets, variance reports, cash forecasts, and ad hoc financial plans
- Manage company audits, coordinating with external accountants, tax advisors and outside auditors to as needed
- Develop and enforce company policies related to finance and accounting
You are a great candidate if you have:
- A BA/BS in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience as a staff accountant, including owning bookkeeping responsibilities
- A desire to own the entire suite of accounting responsibilities
- A desire to grow into a more senior role in a growing company
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be empathetic while delivering a tough message
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent planning, organization skills, and business judgement
- Experience using industry standard accounting tools - SMB or Enterprise accounting software and Microsoft Excel
You are an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks Online
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture.
Our salaries and benefits are competitive, including healthcare, generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.