Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for an inspiring, mission-driven leader to manage our new programs in California.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Fullstack Academy is partnering with the city of San Luis Obispo (SLO), CA to launch several new workforce development programs to support the the city’s community and economy, including both full -and part-time immersive programs As the Program Manager for our SLO-based programs, you will have complete ownership over the health of our newest coding education programs. You will be the face of the programs to the SLO community, building our brand with potential students, tech education leaders, and potential employers. You will work with our internal teams to ensure an exceptional student experience. You’ll be the liaison between Fullstack Academy’s leadership and our local community partners. You will work with our leadership team to launch and evolve these new strategic programs.
This role reports directly to our CEO and collaborates remotely with our Fullstack Academy headquarters in New York. This role will physically work from San Luis Obispo. Relocation to San Luis Obispo will be considered as part of an overall package. San Luis Obispo was recently described as the "happiest place in America" by National Geographic, and was ranked the 3rd best place in America to live.
In this role, you will:
- Work with our Academic Operations and Student Experience teams to design the academic schedule for our SLO programs and ensure that instructors, Fellows, and students adhere to it
- Understand the SLO+Fullstack programs and effectively represent them to prospective students and partners
- Work with the Fullstack admissions team to deliver a top-notch admissions, enrollment and onboarding process for our students
- Be a champion for and support each student through their on-campus experience at Fullstack Academy
- Ensure that student feedback is appropriately routed to all Fullstack teams and coordinate responses with other teams as needed
- Collaborate with our community partners to build strong relationships with leading employers (large and small) by impressing them with the caliber of our graduates
- Measure and report key financial and business metrics to executive team on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with our internal marketing team and community partners to execute a marketing strategy that resonates with aspiring software developers from the SLO community that ensures each cohort is full
- Be the point of contact for students, staff, partners, and alumni
- Speak at events, network, and raise the prominence of the programs
- Implement a feedback loop that improves all aspects of the SLO Programs
- Inspire a culture of fun, optimism, and excellence
We think you will be a successful candidate if you have:
- 4+ years experience in education and/or technology industries
- A desire to step into an entrepreneurial role, backed by a premium EdTech brand
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven success in cross-functional management, organization, and exceeding targets
- Demonstrated success in building strong community partnerships, ideally for supporting community and economic development initiatives
- The ability to operate and execute independently, while collaborating virtually with internal teams and leadership to get the support you need to drive success
- A magnetic personality combined with a positive attitude, collaborative zest, and professionalism
- Passion for creating positive outcomes in people’s lives through education
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Direct experience in tech, working with software engineers (i.e. work as a developer, product manager, etc.)
- Marketing experience (particularly events marketing)
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options.
Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.