Employer Brand + Recruiting Specialist
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for a someone to approach our recruiting efforts as a marketer, to see our employer experience a product, and the talent pool as our customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Employer Brand and Recruiting Lead at Fullstack Academy, you’ll lead “Recruiting as Marketing” at Fullstack Academy. You’ll work to grow the overall awareness of Fullstack Academy and our employee experience and drive applications from qualified candidates. You’ll target talent pools aligned with our specific talent goals and needs. You’ll drive the creation of content specifically for our employer brand (Linkedin, Glassdoor, etc.) that gets candidates excited about Fullstack Academy. And you’ll be the brand representative of Fullstack to our candidates by delivering an exceptional recruiting experience for all qualified candidates.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to our People Operations Lead. We would consider exceptional remote candidates for this role.
In this role, you will:
- Build a strategy for growing the pipeline of candidates applying to roles at Fullstack Academy
- Research specific, high-priority external talent pools (candidates from under-represented communities in tech, qualified tech talent, executive and leadership talent) and pilot initiatives to tap into those communities
- Identify and test high-potential talent channels (external events, hosting events, speciality job boards, social media, organizational partnerships, etc.) on a modest budget
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to develop a specific Fullstack employer brand and grow that brand presence across key talent-facing channels (Fullstack Website, Linkedin, Glassdoor, etc)
- Collaborate with internal Fullstack resources (Marketing, Product) and create content appropriate for talent-facing communication channels
- Craft and send direct-to-candidate sourcing messages to get candidates excited about potentially joining the Fullstack team, using the professional networks of the Fullstack team as appropriate
- Lead full-cycle recruiting for Fullstack Academy, from phone screens through offers, with support from with our People Operations Associate
- Work with our People Ops team to creatively infuse our employer brand into our recruiting process
You are a great candidate for this role if you have:
- 2-3 years of experience in Brand Management, Employer Brand Management, Recruiting, Recruitment Marketing, or other combination of People and Marketing skill sets
- A demonstrated history of growing audiences and engagement of potential customers/candidates
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to craft compelling messages for a diverse set of audiences
- A good understanding of strategic marketing analytics - what to measure, what it means, etc.
- A passion for workplace culture, employee engagement and making work a better place
- A history of successfully balancing long-term projects with short-term tactical needs
- A passion for tech, education and helping others
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you have:
- Experience building a premium tech or education brand
- Direct recruiting or employee engagement experience
- Training in UX or a few projects you’ve lead around improving experiences on- and off-line
- A demonstrated history of growing the top of a marketing or sales funnel in a selective, application-based process (i.e. corporate recruiting, university recruiting, membership products, etc)
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options.