Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We’re want the world to know who we are and what we stand for at Fullstack and we’re looking for a strategic Brand Manager to tell that story.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Brand Manager at Fullstack Academy, you will grow the overall recognition of Fullstack Academy in the market. You’ll develop and implement key messaging around our brand values, promises and experience across both B2C and B2B channels. You’ll work with teams across the organization to ensure we fulfill that brand experience for students along their coding journey. You’ll figure out how to measure and grow the strength of our brand - online, in our local markets, and nationally as we expand.
This role is based in our New York City office and reports directly to our VP of Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Tell a differentiated brand story that conveys our mission, student-focus, and our status as the top immersive education provider
- Help develop our overall brand architecture and positioning for our current B2C and our nascent B2B brands and products
- Ensure brand messaging and customer experience is consistent throughout all customer touch points, including website, app, email, social, events, and more
- Build, maintain, and manage strong agency relationships as needed to ensure we develop the best possible creative work
- Connect with potential students and stakeholders across the education industry to distill insights that guide positioning for Fullstack Academy’s brand, products and services.
- Develop a set of KPIs and leading indicators to measure the overall strength of our brand (such as key metrics - awareness, favorability, NPS) and a strategy to grow these measures
- Stay up to date with bootcamp and education industry trends, with an eye toward creative marketing opportunities that allow us to tell our story of transforming the lives of our students
You’re a great candidate if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a brand-related role at a B2C company, ideally in either education or consumer goods
- Product marketing experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to guide a creative work and explain complex concepts in a brief, intuitive way that also adheres to voice and brand
- A well-developed analytical skillset, the ability to distill key insights from quantitative and qualitative data, and to adapt or change direction based on student/audience feedback and market demands
- The ability to partner effectively across a variety of external facing teams - each with distinct goals and messages within the overall Fullstack Academy brand
- A genuine passion for education and the power of technology to change people’s careers
- Experience working with a mission-oriented brand and products
You’re an exceptional candidate if you also have:
- A strategic understanding of tech education and the immersive bootcamp space
- Agency experience
- Experience building a B2B brand from an established B2C brand
- Experience creating and promoting online written content