Product Launch Lead
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for a meticulous, natural communicator to manage the launch of new products in the immersive tech-education space.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Product Launch Lead, you will own the cross-functional process of launching new Fullstack Academy products. You will lead a cross-functional team of product, marketing and sales professionals to bring new products (and new product features) to market. You will design and implement the process for guiding each new launch to completion, building an operational playbook to ensure repeatable success for each product. You will design and execute the successful handoff from launch team to a dedicated Program Manager who will own and grow the program post-launch.
This role reports to our Director of Product and is based in our New York headquarters.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the launch of new products, including: university coding bootcamp partnerships, online education courses, internal product features, and beyond
- For each launch, lead a cross-functional team to build out requirements and implementation details for each product, including digital collateral, CRM pipelines, marketing campaigns, and communication strategy
- Design, develop and implement product launch processes, including scope, timelines and deliverables and proactively work with internal teams to identify and resolve any roadblocks
- Be accountable for successfully launching projects on schedule
- Design, develop and implement a seamless hand-off process from Product Launch to Program Management, ensuring that teams, partners, and students have a positive, white-glove experience
- Capture and incorporate feedback from students, internal teams and any partners on the launch process to iterate and improve the process over time
- Manage the launch of non-immersive products and product enhancement, including collaborating with engineers to build out new products and incorporating features to spec
- Work with Fullstack Academy’s Head of Product to provide input on the strategic product roadmap and to ideate on both immersive and non-immersive products
We think you will be a successful candidate if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as project manager in a fast-moving environment (digital agency, startup, etc.) with partnership and/or client-facing experience
- Strong project management skills
- A history of completing projects on time and gently-but-firmly managing others to do the same
- Good at running highly focused and productive meetings with cross-functional teams
- The desire to operate and execute against a defined project independently with little oversight, while collaborating well with internal teams and leadership to get the support you need to drive success
- Deep attention to detail
- Comfortable working within a fast-moving product team
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Experience with Lean and/or Agile processes
- Experience designing HubSpot pipelines for Marketing and/or Sales funnels
- Experience with coding bootcamps, higher education, or EdTech products specifically
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options.
Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.