Product and Content Marketing Associate
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We’re working on changing lives all over the world with our programs and we’re looking for a Product andContent Marketing Associate to tell the world our story.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Product and Content Marketing Associate at Fullstack Academy, you will create exciting and engaging content at the intersection of coding, technology, and education. You will tell the stories of how our founders and instructors are changing lives as well as the stories of students who have experienced our transformational program. You will create innovative new content, leveraging video and other new media, to increase awareness of and an affinity for our brand. You will collaborate with our broader marketing team to ensure everything you create is aligned with our overall marketing strategy and ultimate drives interest in and applications to Fullstack Academy.
This role is based in our New York City campus and reports to our Brand Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Create content for a variety of channels (social, blog posts, email campaigns, articles, etc.) that tells the Fullstack story and establishes Fullstack Academy as a thought leader in the coding bootcamp space (i.e. content that appeals to a wide array of audiences - potential students, coding beginners, hobbyists, tech recruiters - to name a few!)
- Create innovative new content, leveraging video and other new media, to increase awareness of and an affinity for our brand
- Develop brand guidelines, including brand “voice and tone,” and ensure that all of our external facing communication channels are aligned
- Define and understand the target audiences of our various programs
- Conduct competitive analysis and research current market trends to create positioning and communication strategies that are relevant to our target audiences and differentiate our value proposition
- Use data to understand our audiences, their desires, thoughts, and questions to help drive more effective messaging and engagement with Fullstack
- Understand the key metrics that drive our marketing success and ensure that all content is aligned with and supports our overall marketing efforts
- Create content with SEO in mind
We think you will be a successful candidate if you have:
- 2 years in a rigorous content-focused role
- A strong portfolio of content that demonstrates thought leadership, written and visual communication skills as well as your experience in creating content across a variety of platforms
- A maniacal passion for the brands you manage, ensuring that they are represented perfectly across all media, from swag to events to digital
- A solid understanding of data-driven, technical marketing and how content marketing fits into an overall marketing strategy
- A strong work ethic and the desire to create a large volume of content, quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be the “voice” of Fullstack in all of our online and live event communications
- A passion for coding, tech, and education
We think you will be an exceptional candidate if you have:
- Experience creating content about technology, the technology industry and people in tech
- Direct experience in tech (i.e. you know how to code, even if only as a hobby)
Please provide either:
- A link to your online portfolio of content
- Links to 3 articles, blog posts, social posts, etc. that show off your content creation skills
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options.We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines.
Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.