Career Success Counselor
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. Our students’ outcomes are the most important measures of our success and we’re looking for a Career Success Counselor to help our students find their best next step coming out of our program.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Career Success Counselor at Fullstack Academy, you will prepare our students to face the technical recruiting process. You will lead classes aimed at preparing them for the job hunt. You’ll conduct coaching sessions and provide follow-up support to our alumni to ensure they’re engaging in the behaviors they need to be successful while searching. You’ll create content on various job-search topics to help out students feel comfortable, confident and prepared to face the tech industry.
This role is based in our New York City campus and reports to our Head of Career Success.
In this role, you will:
- Support a portfolio of current students alumni, ultimately owning their successful job placement
- Lead Career Success lectures and workshops related to job search techniques, interviewing, negotiation, etc.
- Hold regular office hours to guide students through the job search process by providing feedback on materials (resumes, social profiles, etc.), mock interviews, and other Career Success Support
- Organize Hiring Day, our capstone event when students meet potential employers
- Track placement outcome of every graduate meticulously and meet key metrics related to students’ professional outcomes
- Stay on top of hiring trends and continuously develop our Career Success curriculum to ensure that students are equipped to land their dream jobs
You’re a great candidate if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience on a recruiting team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track-record as a diligent, organized, self-starter
- A passion for mentoring others to succeed
- Infectious positive energy paired with remarkable empathy
- The desire to be an extraordinary team player
You’re an exceptional candidate if you also have:
- Worked at young, fast-growing organizations
- Worked with and provided career support (i.e. coaching, recruiting, etc..) to software developers
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.