Managing Director, NYC Campus
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We are looking for an inspiring, mission-driven leader to lead our flagship academic programs and operations at our NYC Headquarters.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Managing Director for Fullstack Academy’s NYC Campus, you will have complete ownership over the operations of our campus and the health of our flagship immersive program. You will be the face of the program to the NYC tech community, building our brand with potential students, tech education leaders, and potential student employers. You will work with our internal program leads to ensure an exceptional student experience. You’ll work with our marketing, admissions, and career success teams to ensure the greatest impact for our students, from their first admissions touch to their first accepted job. You will lead our campus operations, academic operations, and program teams, ensuring that the NYC campus runs smoothly, including our community and pre-program events, such as introductory and preparatory classes.
This role is based in our New York City campus and reports directly to our CEO.
In this role, you will:
- Create a conducive environment for smart, ambitious students to become software developers
- Manage our Academic Operations team to ensure the smooth operations and adequate resourcing of all Fullstack programs running on our NYC Campus, including immersive programs, pre-bootcamp learning events, community events, etc.
- Manage our Campus Operations team to ensure that our campus is in prime condition to provide a great environment for our students, staff and guests, including owning and managing our campus footprint and real estate
- Work with NYC Program Leads to ensure that NYC programs run smoothly and students have a great experience on campus
- Measure and report key financial and business metrics to executive team on a monthly basis
- Implement a feedback loop that improves all aspects of the campus
- Collaborate with other Fullstack campuses to ensure the best ideas are being shared and adopted across the network
- Understand our programs and represent them effectively to prospective students and partners
- Collaborate with the marketing team to draw up and execute a marketing strategy that resonates with aspiring software developers from around the country/world, and that ensures each cohort is full
- Work with the Fullstack admissions team to deliver a top-notch admissions, enrollment and onboarding process for our students
- Build strong relationships with leading employers (large and small) who hire our developers, by impressing them with the caliber of Fullstack graduates
- Speak at events, network, and raise the prominence of Fullstack Academy
- Integrate Fullstack into the NYC tech ecosystem as a valuable and relevant member
- Inspire a culture of fun, optimism, and excellence for students and NYC staff
You are a great candidate for this role if you have:
- 7+ years experience in education and/or technology industries
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience managing day-to-day operational teams in a customer-facing environment or a similar “General Manager” role
- Proven success in cross-functional management, organization, and exceeding targets
- A robust network within the tech community
- A magnetic personality combined with a positive attitude, collaborative zest, and professionalism
- Passion for creating positive outcomes in people’s lives through education
You are an exceptional candidate if you also have:
- Direct experience in tech, in a product or company evangelist role
- Marketing experience (particularly events marketing)
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in Lower Manhattan, near all major subway lines. Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.