Director of Business Development
Fullstack Academy is the premier software development school located in New York City and Chicago. Y Combinator-backed, our school has garnered the attention of Forbes, TechCrunch, and Business Insider, among others. The reputation of our school is built on the professional success of each and every one of our students. Students have gone on to promising careers at top-tier companies, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Spotify. In January 2016, we created the Grace Hopper Program, a need-blind software engineering program for women. In 2017, we launched Web Development Fellowship @ Fullstack Academy in partnership with NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, to offer a tuition-free version of our flagship Web Development Immersive to eligible New Yorkers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We’re looking for a Director of Business Development to find opportunities to help us grow and expand our reach and truly transform students, communities and the economy by enabling more students than ever to learn the technologies powering the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Director of Business Development at Fullstack, you’ll be both a strategic leader and a market-facing evangelist for the power of Fullstack to change students’ lives. You will build a strategic plan for targeting and nurturing industry-leading partnerships that evolve Fullstack’s business. You’ll manage and execute an end-to-end sales process, pulling in members of our executive, product, and other teams as needed to close deals and evolve our products to match the needs of the higher-ed market.
This role is based in our New York Headquarters and reports directly into our COO. We anticipate that this role would require 50-75% travel.
In this role, you will:
- Source and secure deals with top-tier higher ed institutions to deliver coding bootcamp services
- Build a sales strategy to identify and prioritize leads
- Manage a sales pipeline for long-term growth
- Manage end-to-end sales process
- Promptly and meticulously communicate with potential clients and partners
- Tease out customer needs to fine-tune offerings for higher ed partnerships and services
- Weigh in product development to ensure long-term viability
- Keep in clear and consistent communication with Fullstack leadership, ensuring absolute clarity on progress and needs
- Travel as needed to nurture, pitch, and close target partners
You are a strong candidate for this role if you have:
- 10-15 years of relevant sales experience
- A track-record of success in selling emerging product categories to universities (quantifiable)
- A deep and extensive network of decision-makers and influencers across top-tier universities
- Phenomenal sales track record with longevity
- The ability to articulate and navigate complex, long-term sales cycles, especially with respect to higher ed
- A passion for higher education and technology
- Exceptional and engaging communication and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial owner’s mentality - you independently own and drive your book of business as if you were the owner of Fullstack
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” - Jackie Robinson
Work where your daily goal is to have a significant impact on the lives of others - students who travel from all over the world to attend a top-rated program that you will be responsible for building and growing. We have an open, friendly, and fun startup culture. You will work with colleagues who have founded companies and worked at Google, Yahoo!, and Gilt Groupe, among others. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, coupled with generous paid vacation and stock options.
Last, but not least, you will get an immense sense of pride and satisfaction every seven weeks, when our students graduate.